Who We Are
The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center has a proven history of helping kids and families.
End all forms of child abuse, neglect, and exploitation through training, education, advocacy, prevention and awareness, providing care and treatment for children, families, and adult survivors.
We work to end all forms of child maltreatment through education, training and prevention while advocating for and serving children, adult survivors and communities.
We value children, we advocate for the missing, and we believe in the power of prevention.
We value children.
- We use the answer to “what is best for children?” to guide our choices.
- It’s a kid’s job to be a kid. It’s an adult’s job to keep kids safe.
- Every child should feel safe at home and with their caretakers.
- Every child should be allowed a safe childhood.
- We believe children have the right to be heard and believed.
- We believe children should be given the tools to talk about their bodies and feelings.
We advocate for the missing.
- All missing persons deserve to be found/recovered.
- We believe in justice for the missing.
- All missing persons will be remembered regardless of time or circumstance.
- All loved ones of missing persons should be supported throughout their journey of searching and healing.
- Our clients are best served when we are able to collaborate with other professionals working to find answers.
We believe in the power of prevention.
- We believe that diversity in representation matters.
- All community members have a stake in keeping children safe.
- All people should be given accurate and appropriate education and knowledge to keep communities safe.
- Everyone has a voice in prevention. All are welcome and encouraged to support prevention and outreach.
Running HOME for Jacob Join JWRC on 10/11/2020 through 10/22/2020 for the 5th annual Running HOME for Jacob run/walk event.
JWRC staff are available to present at community notification meetings and other safety gatherings in the community.
You give, we never give up. A gift to JWRC makes you a partner in ending child maltreatment in all forms through education, training, and prevention.