- Jon Francis Foundation — Assistance for families with missing adult children, particularly those who go missing while camping or adventuring outdoors.
- Minnesota State Clearinghouse — (651) 793-7000 — State database of missing persons.
- Missing Children Minnesota — (888) 786-9355 — Case management and referrals for families with missing children, with expertise in family abductions.
- Midwest Children's Resource Center — (651) 220-6750 — Medical exams and interviews for children who are abused.
Located at Children's Hospital St. Paul
- CornerHouse — (612) 813-8330
2502 10th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Minnesota Children's Alliance — (612) 615-4605
15225 Square Lake Trail N., Stillwater, MN 55082
- Prevent Child Abuse Minnesota — (651) 523-0099, or 1-800-CHILDREN
709 University Ave W., St. Paul, MN 55104
Runaway and Homeless Youth Services and Shelters
- Ain Dah Yung — (651) 227-4184 — Emergency shelter, programs and services addressing both immediate and long-term needs of American Indian youth ages 5-17 1089 Portland Ave. St. Paul, MN
- Arlington House — (651) 771-7504 or [email protected] — Provides short-term emergency shelter care and counseling services for youth 11-17 years old. 712 East Larpenteur Ave., St. Paul, MN 55117
- Avenues for Homeless Youth — (612) 522-1690 — Provides shelter and transitional housing, a GLBT Host Home Program, a Minneapolis Host Home Program and a Suburban House Home Program, for youth ages 16-21.
1708 Oak Park Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55411
- Booth Brown House — (651) 251-3502 — Provides an emergency shelter and a transitional living program for youth ages 16-25. 1471 Como Ave. West, St. Paul, MN 55108
- Breaking Free — (651) 645-6557 — Provides shelter and services for female youth ages 14-18 that have been victims of abuse and commercial sexual exploitation (prostitution/sex trafficking) and need assistance escaping the violence in their lives. 770 University Avenue West. St. Paul, MN 55104
- Bridge for Youth (only serves youth under age 18) — (612) 377-8800 — Provides an emergency shelter, family reunification programs, transitional living programs, youth housing programs and youth counseling.
1111 West 22nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Division of Indian Work — (612) 722-8722 — Serving the American Indian population in the Minneapolis metro area.
1001 E. Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- Face to Face — (651) 772-5555 — Provides youth ages 11-23 with health care, counseling and programs for homeless youth.
308 Prince Street St. Paul (SafeZone Drop-In Center), 1165 Arcade Street St. Paul (Main Offices)
- Family Partnership TeenPRIDE — (612) 728-2080 — Support groups and education for young women who are at-risk of being sexually exploited or are victims of survival sex.
414 South 8th St. Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Catholic Charities-Hope Street — (612) 204-8211 — Offers 24 hour/7 days per week, short-term emergency shelter for youth ages 16-20, case management, youth advocacy, transitional housing, outreach services for youth experiencing homelessness, life skills training, employment services, and parenting skills.
- The Link — (612) 871-0748 or [email protected] — Provides self-sufficiency support for youth experiencing homelessness. 1210 Glenwood Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Lutheran Social Services — (651) 776-9805 (lifehaven for minor mothers); (651) 644-7739 (transitional housing); (651) 644-3446 (safe house shelter) — Short-term emergency shelter for youth ages 16-20, case management, youth advocacy and transitional housing. 501 Asbury Street, St. Paul, MN 55104
- Oasis for Youth — (612) 840-9225 — Provides support and assistance, including drop in center and new host home program, for youth ages 15-21 who are struggling with housing stability in Bloomington, Richfield and Edina. 2200 W. Old Shakopee Rd. Bloomington, MN
- Pillsbury House Street Survival Program — (612) 718-7521 — Works to connect youth to basic needs through their free bike program, hassle-free, youth run food shelf, and 6 month paid internship program for homeless and street engaged youth 23 years and under. Provides parenting supplies, transportation, employment opportunities.
3501 Chicago Ave. South Minneapolis, MN 55407
- SafeHaven — (952) 288-2685 — Provides residential group housing, transitional housing, permanent support housing and services for at-risk youth in Prior Lake and Burnsville
13780 McKenna Rd NW, Shakopee, MN 55379
- Seventh Landing — (612) 782-2994 (for housing information); (651) 291-3842 (for other questions) — Assists tenants in developing positive tenant skills, educational and vocational goals, and the skills necessary to maintain permanent housing
1360 West 7th Street, St. Paul MN
- StreetWorks Outreach Collaborative — (612) 354-3345 — Homeless youth outreach, emergency case management, resources
1209 W. 22nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Teens Alone — (952) 988-8336 — Provides counseling, crisis referral and youth homelessness prevention for youth ages 12-21 and their families in the Eden Prairie, Hopkins, St. Louis Park and Wayzata school districts.
915 Main Street, Hopkins, MN 55343
- Teenwise Minnesota — (651) 644-1447 or (800) 657-3697 — Provides resources for parents, teens, educators, health care providers, youth workers, media professionals and policy makers regarding adolescent sexual health and parenting.
1619 Dayton Avenue, Suite 111, St. Paul, MN 55104
- YouthLink—Project OffStreets — (612) 252-1200 — Drop in center, on-site medical clinic, transitional living program and youth housing programs
41 North 12th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403
- YMCA Youth Intervention Services — (763) 493-3052 —Services for youth ages 10-21 that are on the run, thinking of running away, have been kicked out by their families or are homeless. The YMCA offers a transitional living program, family reunification services and advocacy.
2304 Jackson St. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
Mental Health for Youth and Families
- Alexandra House — (763) 780-2330 — Domestic violence shelter offering support groups for teen sexual assault survivors.
- Bridge for Youth (only serves youth under the age of 18) — (612 ) 377-8800 — Provides an emergency shelter, family reunification programs, transitional living programs, youth housing programs and youth counseling.
1111 West 22nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55405
- Cornerstone — (952) 884-0330 — Domestic violence shelter offering multiple groups support groups for kids, and parenting groups.
- Face to Face — (651) 772-5555 — Counseling for ages 11-23. Sliding fee scale.
1165 Arcade St., St Paul MN 55106
- NAMI Minnesota
- Sexual Violence Center — (612) 871-5111 24-hour crisis line
- The Family Partnership — (612) 339-9101 — Counseling for all ages, specializing in crisis counseling, GLBT, early childhood, family violence, violence prevention.
414 South 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Teens Alone — (952) 988-4086 — Crisis counseling and referrals for teens and families in Eden Prairie, Hopkins, St. Louis Park, and Wayzata.
- Tubman Family Crisis and Support Services — (612) 825-3333 — Domestic violence shelter offering trauma support groups for children and teens.
- Wilder Foundation — (651) 280-2051 — Outpatient mental health for children 0-17
451 Lexington Pkwy N, St Paul, MN 55104
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Twin Cities — (651) 789-2400 — Mentoring for youth; paired with individuals, couples/pairs of volunteers, and families.
2550 University Avenue, Suite 410N, St. Paul, MN 55114
- Greater Minneapolis Crisis Nursery — (763) 591-0100 — Temporary crisis child care for residents of Hennepin County.
5400 Glenwood Ave, Golden Valley, MN 55422
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Crime Victim Reparations — (888) 622-8799 — Financial assistance for victims of violent crime occurring in Minnesota.
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services — (651) 222-5863 — Legal assistance regarding government programs, housing, family law, consumer issues, homeless issues, and other. For residents of St. Paul and rural Southern MN.
55 E 5th St, St Paul, MN 55101
- Survivor Resources — (651) 266-5674 — Services for families of murder, suicide, and accident victims.