- Wear some reflective clothing. Carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- When going door-to-door, children should be told to NEVER enter a home or approach a vehicle without permission.
- Travel in a neighborhood you know. Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Always make sure older kids stick together in a group when trick-or-treating….use the BUDDY SYSTEM.
- Accompany younger children to the door, making sure a parent is visible.
- Only approach a home that has light on, inside and out.
- Teach children to tell a trusted adult or call the police if they notice suspicious behaviors.
- Consider attending a community center event or organizing a neighborhood party as an alternative to trick-or-treating.
- Wait until your children return home before sorting and eating any treats. Even though tampering is very rare, do check candy to throw away any spoiled or opened treats.
We need your help to protect children from abuse! Sign up to stay connected and learn about upcoming events and announcements!