Halloween Safety Tips
- Wear some reflective clothing. Carry a flashlight or glow stick.
- When going door-to-door, children should be told to NEVER enter a home or approach a vehicle without permission.
- Travel in a neighborhood you know. Pay attention to your surroundings.
- Always make sure older kids stick together in a group when trick-or-treating….use the BUDDY SYSTEM.
- Accompany younger children to the door, making sure a parent is visible.
- Only approach a home that has light on, inside and out.
- Teach children to tell a trusted adult or call the police if they notice suspicious behaviors.
- Consider attending a community center event or organizing a neighborhood party as an alternative to trick-or-treating.
- Wait until your children return home before sorting and eating any treats. Even though tampering is very rare, do check candy to throw away any spoiled or opened treats.
HAVE A SAFE AND FUN HALLOWEEN!