Your FIRST Response to an Allegation of Child Maltreatment – 3-hour Basic Course
Protecting children from child abuse and maltreatment requires that everyone understand how to recognize, respond and report any form of maltreatment a child may experience. FIRST response is often the single most important step in effectively responding and reporting maltreatment. FIRST will give you and your community the tools necessary to better protect kids. The training combines both lecture and practicum giving participants the tools and practical skills to better communicate with a child during the initial outcry of maltreatment. The FIRST process teaches three critical components: * How to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse and maltreatment
* How to listen and respond to a child’s needs
* How to effectively and accurately report any form of maltreatment to authorities Your FIRST Response to Child Maltreatment training teaches participants how to listen to children who have experienced maltreatment and gather the correct information needed in a way that puts the child’s needs FIRST. This training is also available as a Train-the-Trainer model with a licensing agreement to teach the material in your own community.
1. Understand reality of child abuse
2. Understand how to gather information utilizing the FIRST process
3. Understand responsibility of mandated reporting and information needed for report
Zero Abuse Project is a 501(c)(3) organization that is committed to the elimination of child sexual abuse. Our programs are designed to provide training and education to professionals and students, and to help transform institutions to effectively prevent, recognize and respond to child sexual abuse.