Numerous research studies have shown that childhood stress and trauma can impact adult health. This presentation will increase your knowledge of trauma and provide suggestions for responding to children, families, community partners and multidisciplinary team members in a trauma informed manner. Available as a 90-minute or 3-hour presentation.
1. Define trauma-informed care and its impact on professional development
2. Learn strategies to promote resilience in youth and adults impacted by traumatic experiences
3. Generate action steps for applying trauma-informed concepts to professional work with youth and adults
4. Enhance a collective community approach to prevent and respond to trauma
5. Identify practical self-care and regulation tips for the MDT and those whom you serve