The Trauma-informed Prosecutor Project (TiPP) aims to increase the effectiveness of the investigation and prosecution of child abuse cases through providing state-of-the-art training, offering comprehensive technical assistance, and developing free publications addressing issues in the field.
- State and Local Training – 90 minute topics for prosecutors and other MDT members.
- Prosecutor Institutes – Two-day training institutes for child abuse prosecutors on opening statements, closing arguments, preparing children for court, cross-examination of defendants and defense witnesses, and advanced topics selected by the host agency.
- Stopping Technology – Facilitated Abuse of Rural Kids (STARK) – STARK Prosecutor Symposiums are one-, two-, or three-day conferences for rural prosecutors on technology-facilitated crimes against children.
- Basic and Advanced Forensic Interviewing Training
- Experiential Training Courses
Zero Abuse Project and TiPP will be presenting seven upcoming webinars free of cost in Fall 2022.
The focus of these webinars will be advanced topics and emerging issues in the field including child death investigations, tech-facilitated crimes, effective use of medical evidence, and the consideration of areas such as grooming, manipulation, and disabilities in the investigative and judicial process.
Registration is now open for the following webinars:
Child Death Investigations
September 7th, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
Register and learn more
Normal is Normal: Medical Evidence in the Prosecution of Child Sexual Abuse Cases
September 21st, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
Register and learn more
Prosecutors and investigators may request free technical assistance with their child abuse cases including, customized cross-examinations of the defendant or defense expert, personalized tips for preparing children for court, building direct examinations, and more.
Review both practical and scholarly articles that address the needs of frontline child abuse professionals in our Publications Directory.
Application Period Now Closed
From Crime Scene to Trial
In this 3-day course, MDTs respond to a report of child maltreatment involving abusive head trauma, child sexual abuse, neglect, emotional abuse, witnessing domestic violence, and animal cruelty.
Forensic Interviewer at Trial
In this 3-day course, teams of prosecutors and forensic interviewers participate in a portion of a mock trial in which the prosecutor conducts a direct examination of the forensic interviewer.
TiPP News & Events
Visit here for the latest news and events at the Trauma-informed Prosecutor Project of the Zero Abuse Project.
Trauma-informed Prosecutor Project Videos
the support you need
Prosecutors, law enforcement, forensic interviewers and MDT members may request free technical assistance with their child abuse cases including:
- customized cross-examinations of the defendant or defense expert
- developing themes for closing arguments
- tips for preparing children for court
- building direct examinations
- collaborative investigative approaches
- forensic interview consultations
- testifying in court
Trauma-informed Prosecutor Project
- In the first two years we have trained over 20,000 prosecutors and other multidisciplinary professionals in all 50 states
- Responded to over 1,000 technical assistance requests